Thursday, May 24, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read and is a way to hop around and visit lots of different blogs!

Novels, News and Notes is a new blog and run by a few different bloggers like me, Candace, who blogs at Candace's Book Blog.  And Mel who blogs at Shot in the Arm.  Sara from Novel Novice has helped with the header and author list.  We have a few other contributors as well and you can find them in the 'About' section.

Novels, News and Notes From Your Northwest Neighbors is a blog that specializes in young adult authors from the Pacific Northwest area.  We feature them in reviews, interviews, guest posts and with giveaways.  We also cover book events in the Pacific Northwest and have put together a book club for book lovers from the area to meet up.  While we specialize in authors from the Pacific Northwest, we do have content that most any reader of YA will enjoy.  So whether you live in this area or not I do hope you'll follow our blog and stop by frequently!  If you live in the Pacific NW and would like to be a contributor there's a link to sign up at the top of the blog, we'd love to have you!  Our blog is also not quite complete.  We're still working on our author list and we'll have a complete design in a few weeks. 

We do not have a GFC, but please subscribe by email or RSS (on the right sidebar) and/or follow us on twitter @novelsnewsPNW
You can also find me on twitter @candacemom2two and Mel at @shiploadofwilco


This weeks question is an activity:
Dreamcast your current read. 



Candace:  I am SO not good at this!  I'm not a big fan of books to movies most of the time and don't picture actors as characters unless I've watched the movie before the book.

My current read is The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe.  This book is freaking incredible and I'm sure could easily be full of some awesome actors but I have my own people in mind who aren't real.  And describing them is rather difficult.  I suppose that  Emma Watson could possibly make a good Lora.  As far as the others I really have no idea!  But seriously, this book is AMAZING.  


Mel: Well right now I'm between YA reads and I started this romance on the bus this morning.  In fact my copy of this is an ARC so until a minute ago I had no idea what the cover looked like.  My idea of people to play the roles would be Clive Owen as Viscount Breckenridge only with contacts since the characters eyes are darker and Hayley Atwell as a blonde playing Heather Cynster.  I'd then have Colin Firth playing McKinsey who is the Lord who got Heather kidnapped. This is the first time I've attempted to do this and it was fun :)  I love romance books because they are good late night reads and they are relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.