Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bookish News



This is just a little post with a few tidbits of info that I've happened to see that is NW author related.

Kimberly Derting got her first ARC of The Essence (The Pledge #2) and it's gorgeous!  In her post she talks about how much she loves to get them and hold them, but yet how she knows it's not yet perfect and people are actually going to read it.  She doesn't want people reading something that isn't quite finished, yetHead over and see all her thoughts on the subject.

And what do you think of that cover?  I personally, love it!  And think it compliments the first one well.  It matches but the red really pops too.

And this is kind of old news, but Kimberly also went to England and France and she shared some pretty awesome pictures on her blog.  I know I got all sorts of jealous.  You gotta check it out!

In other news Kendare Blake is going to be going to be at ALA on the 23rd and 23th as well as on a tour in August and she updated her blog with the dates.

From her blog:

Places I'll be at: ALA Anaheim June 23-24th. Signing at Tor Booth #2540 Saturday from 1-2pm.

Tor Teen Tour with Lisa Desrochers (PERSONAL DEMONS series) and Marta Acosta (DARK COMPANION)!
8/16- Los Angeles, Mrs. Nelson's
8/17-Houston, TX, Murder by the Book
8/18-St. Louis, Puddinhead Books
8/19 Lexington, KY, Joseph Beth
8/20 Lake Forest Park, IL
8/21 Skokie, IL, Skokie Library

Other dates TBD

Saturday September 1st - Decatur Book Festival, Decatur, GA

Sunday September 23rd - Brooklyn Book Festival, Brooklyn, NY

It's ridiculous that she's a Pacific NW author and I'll probably be getting my friend to get her books signed for me at the Decatur Book Festival.  But maybe not, I mean eventually I'll get the chance to meet her, right?

So you going to make it to one of these events?  

We'll see you another time with more bookish news! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.