Saturday, August 4, 2012

In the Land of Huckleberries and Wokas by @writerkristenj

In The Land of Huckleberries and Wokas
By Kristen James
Released May 27, 2012
Approx. 40 pages

Young Snow Bird is taken from her people in a raid and forced to leave her marshes and people behind. A young brave in the raiding party offers help but he cannot help all of the women in children. She must decide if she can leave them and search for help.

I was not sure what to expect when I started reading this novella.  I was thrown right into the story and loved it.  I think my only problem with novellas is I always want MORE.  Snow Bird is an interesting character who holds her own and knows herself and how to handle any situation.  She is smart and inspiring.  If Kristen writes a series of novellas based on Snow Bird I'll be in line to buy them all.  I would definitely recommend checking this novella out.  I purchased my copy on the Kindle story and read it one day while waiting for the train to come.

Do you enjoy novellas?  I think the redeeming factor in novellas is when I have a short period of time they are great.  I love losing myself in a story and knowing that I will have used my time wisely.


Find Kristen on her website and twitter.

Disclosure: I purchased this book and all opinions expressed are my own, I was not paid or influenced in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.