Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Benji's Waiting on Wednesday: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

This is also posted on The Non Reluctant Reader.
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Because this is a blog featuring authors from the Pacific Northwest each WoW we participate in will feature authors from the Pacific Northwest.
This week's pick is:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Release Date ~ 2/5/2013
Publisher ~ Feiwel and Friends
Add it On Goodreads
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.
As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.
I am freaking excited for this book! Cinder was by far the best fairy-tale re-tellings I've ever read and also one of my favorite dystopians! I thought Cinder was an amazing main character to read about and Marissa crafted a debut novel that is very hard to match! And c'mon... look at the cover... how can you not just want to hug it close to you for a million years (Okay, now I'm sounding like a perv). If I have to wait to February 2013 to read this, blood will spill. (Hint, hint, Feiwel and Friends :P)

Hi, I'm Benji Kenworthy of The Non Reluctant Reader, which I've been blogging at since January of 2011. I'm one of those odd male book bloggers, and I'm also one of those young teenage book bloggers. So I'm pretty much a minority in the blogging community no matter how you slice it. A true Northwesterner, I can't stand the thought of weather over 60 degrees. I also go by many different names and titles, including but not limited to: The self proclaimed king of sarcasm. Soccer Fanatic. Pizza addict. Vegetarian. Lunatic. Remember, I eat the brains so you don't have to. Find me on Twitter and Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.