Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Candace Reviews Betrayal by Gregg Olsen

Betrayal (Empty Coffin #2) by Gregg Olsen
Hardcover, 288 pages
Expected publication: Sept. 4th, 2012 by Splinter
Source: Gift 

In this action-packed thriller sequel to Envy, foreign exchange student Olivia Grant is stabbed to death after a party--and the prime suspect is her best friend. As twins Hayley and Taylor Ryan get pulled into the aftermath of this Amanda Knox-like crime, they realize nothing is what it seems. Could it be betrayal of the ultimate kind?
Betrayal features real-life crime-solving techniques, heart-stopping suspense, plenty of red herrings, hard-hitting ethical questions, and information about the Amanda Knox case that inspired the novel. As the crime unravels, so does the twins' past…and they must face off against a family member who may unexpectedly have carried out the worst betrayal of all. 

Candace's thoughts, first posted at Candace's Book Blog:
I really enjoyed this book! The murder mystery worked well for me.  For one, I loved how crazy these people were.  From absent parents (or downright BAD parents) to teens who really are more concerned about themselves and their own comfort rather then the dead girl, this book really left me guessing who was a murderer because there were just so many that weren't very good people.  I didn't really guess who it was, though I did figure out parts, there was so much more to it.

I loved how emotionally invested I was in this book and the characters.  I felt furious at people for their callousness, for their ridiculous accusations at the completely wrong people and for their completely inappropriate behavior.  It worked fantastically well in this book.

I recently visited Port Gamble and I don't think it had a big impact on my overall feel of the book, but I did enjoy being able to picture the homes and places where everyone went.  I had even toured the home that Haley and Taylor live in so being able to picture everything so well was just an added bonus.

I definitely recommend you check this series out!


Find Gregg Olsen: Website Twitter

Disclosure: Books were provided as a gift, and we were not paid or influenced in any way.  All opinions expressed are our own.

Candace is a wife and mother to two. She’s blogged at Candace’s Book Blog since November 2008. She enjoys a variety of genres including anything and everything young adult, some adult urban fantasy, a little bit of adult paranormal romance, some historical fiction and reads lots of childrens books. You can find her on her blog at http://www.candacesbookblog.com, twitter @candacemom2two and on goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.