Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Favorite NW Reads




At the end of this delighful year, Candace and I are taking time to share with you our absolute favorite books that we have read during 2012. Leave a link to your favorites list so we can stop by and check them out!


Top 5 Favorites from Northwest Authors:

Candace's Picks:


Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride ~ This book has ended up on an all time favorites list. I completely fell in love! It's the second in the series, and the first is terrific, but this is even better! Fantastic world building and characters!










Falling for You by Lisa Schroeder ~ This one releases January 1st and I'm telling you now, rush out to get this book! It's beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure I have read a book that has touched me the way this one did. That truly made me want to be a better person. 










The Right and the Real by Joelle Anthony ~ So real, so raw, and so amazing!








Seraphina by Rachel Hartman ~ I am a huge fantasy fan, and while this was a quieter fantasy as far as action goes, it was just as beautiful and was such a wonderful take on dragons. Loved it!








Salvation by Anne Osterlund ~ This actually comes out in January, and you'll see it featured here on the blog soon, but it is a stunning YA contemporary book that will simply blow you away!










We agreed to do five each, but I'm heartbroken cause there's one more that really needs to be on the list. So I'm saying it's a RUNNER UP, and that is:

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting ~ This series is just getting better and better! I absolutely loved this third book in the series and can't wait to see what comes next!

I'm pretty sure that Days of Blood and Starlight would be on this list but unfortunately I haven't been able to squeeze it in just yet.





Mel's Picks:



I'm counting Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer as one pick. I read Cinder and immediately followed it up by reading the unreleased Scarlet. (2013 release)  Cinder and Scarlet are both amazing books and the storyline is easy to follow. The way Marissa adds in characters is fun and I love all the characters, even the bad boys.



Nameless, A Tale of Beauty and Madness by Lili St. Crow is the first book I've read by this author and it won't be the last. I stayed up late reading this because I could not put it down. My first thought was 'damn'. This is an amazing read! My second thought was, where does Lili live so I can go ask her for the next book!






First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky Stayed up til 1 am reading this book. I'm thinking that's a good idea of how amazing this book is. I really enjoyed the book and I want to go to Sedona now and hike around in 100 degree heat. Clearly I'm crazy but that's ok! Katie's books make me crazy and I encourage you to get crazy too.











The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson was my 'remembering what it was like to go to camp' book.  Although no way did I have an awesome and adventurous time that Owen had.  Looking forward to The Dark Shore (book 2).







Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala was a surprise book for me.  I did not expect to be sucked into the storyline and feel empathy for Joy.  I learned a lot about what it might be like if I were to end up homeless.  Family comes from unexpected places.  I can't wait for Holly's next book.

3 comments:

  1. Don't Breathe a Word was read in 2011 so I didn't include it but it totally would have been on my list otherwise! Loved it!!!!
    Great list Mel! I cant wait for Scarlet! I'm jealous you already read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I read it after we saw Holly at her event. :)

    Thanks...Scarlet is AWESOME! Can't wait for Cress. I also read Kimberly Derting's The Essence yesterday and today and it is soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including my book! You guys are great. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.