Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 NW Anticipated Reads



We are anticipating a lot of wonderful books in 2013, Candace and I are taking time to share with you the books that we are most excited to see be released. Do you have a list of books you are excited about? Share a link below.


Top 5 Favorites from Northwest Authors:
Candace's Picks:

The next book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor. No cover or title yet though. ~ Even though I haven't read Days of Blood and Starlight yet, I know that once I do I'll be dying for the next book!

The Essence by Kimberly Derting (this comes out Jan. 1st!) ~ I really enjoyed The Pledge and am curious to see what comes next!

Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting~ I so need to know what happens next!

Anything by Lish McBride. Okay, so I'm not sure which book is coming out next (I know she has a contract for two that are not of the Necromancer series, but same world, I'm just not sure when they come out). So I'm just saying this, if something of hers comes out in 2013 I will be all over it!

Dracomachia by Rachel Hartman ~ Since I loved Seraphina I'm definitely excited to see what comes next!

I know that there are a bunch more that we don't even know about yet. And some that I accidentally missed. But I know that 2013 is going to be a epic year for Pacific NW authors!



Mel's Picks:


I am quite excited for The Essence by Kimberly Derting as well! I loved The Pledge and can't wait to find out what happens next to Charlaina. In fact, I was given a copy of this from my event coordinator at the bookstore I work. Already started it!

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry - I have lately read a handful of April's book's. They are interesting mystery books that I enjoy and recommend. If you want something that isn't your typical contemporary or dystopian check out her other books: 'Girl, Stolen', 'Shock Point' and 'Torched'. I've read and recommed them all.

The Dark Shore by Kevin Emerson is book two in The Atlanteans and I am enjoying this historically based book that talks about The Lost City of Atlantis.

Dear Cassie by Lisa Burstein is a companion novel to go along with 'Pretty Amy' which came out in 2012. I am sad to say while I have 'Pretty Amy' I have yet to grab it off my massive To Be Read pile. But I will definitely be reading it before 'Dear Cassie' comes out so that I am ready to read the Prom night story from Amy's friend's perspective.

The Last Dance by Kiki Hamilton - I love contemporary sport books and this is a book I am very excited to read. It comes out sometime in 2013. It is definitely on my To Read list!!


*Sorry I was unable to find covers for all the books as they have not been posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.