Monday, December 10, 2012

@libbabray comes to Portland for 'The Diviners' on 18th Oct




Libba was so hysterically funny, I'm pretty sure I started crying for laughing so hard.  @NovelNovice and I were in the front row and really enjoyed hear Libba share a story she wrote as a kid.  I wish she would record it as an AudioBook.  Actually I wish we had recorded her reading it live that night for an AudioBook.  She would stop periodically and interject comments about her story.  I'm really sorry to say if you missed Libba on tour you seriously missed out!


Anyway, Libba the Amazing, was in town to talk about her newest book 'The Diviners'.  Here is a bit about it from Libba's website.

Evie O’Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City–and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult–also known as “The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies.”
Libba also answered questions about all of her books and ended the evening by signing her books.  
I loved that she talked about the Gemma Doyle Trilogy which is my favorite set of books by her.  
I definitely will be re-reading them.

@NovelNovice with Libba Bray
Sara and I ended up near the end of the line but we had plenty of time to talk to lots of fun ladies including @Howling_Turtle :)


Myself and Libba Bray.  We bonded on twitter about Wilco before she came to Portland.
I am really upset because I forgot to wear my Wilco shirt.


 Libba signed this book with a reference to our mutual love for Wilco.  
Shot in the Arm is a song they recorded.

Thanks Libba for coming to Portland :) Can't wait to see you again soon.

You can find Libba online here and on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO sad I wasn't able to go! I know she's hilarious and I bet that was a very memorable signing! I read The Diviners recently and loved it but I also loved the Gemma Doyle trilogy. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was sooo hilarious. She signed all my books and I was being a bit overenthusiastic in line...haha. I'm sorry you couldn't make it. We had a great time! Gemma Doyle were the first books I read of Libba's and that was back when I worked at Borders.

    ReplyDelete

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.