Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Candace reviews The Forgotten by @seecatwrite


Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Release Date: June 7th, 2011 
Published by: Little, Brown
Pages: 304
Source: Big Honcho Media

Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture.

When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

This review was originally posted at Candace's Book Blog
Wow! This book was good! I was completely blown away by it's unique-ness and complexity while at the same time it was beautifully simple. The characters were amazing, the romance was oh -so -sweet, and the mystery completely surprised me.
 
I really liked London and was surprised how well she took things. I mean imagine waking up everyday and remembering nothing from your past. Now I thought it would be like having amnesia everyday, but really it's different because she knows the future. She remembers backwards. So she knows her mom because her mom is in her future. She survives school each day because she knows everything from the future. I just thought the whole thing was crazy awesome. The author pulled it all off wonderfully!
The romance. Omygoodness, the romance was amazing! Luke won my heart, I can tell you that! I loved that everyday she was seeing Luke for the first time. And everyday she blown away by how handsome he is. Now you're thinking that shouldn't she know what he looks like from her future? Well, for some reason she doesn't see him in her future. You'll have to read the book to find out more about all that.

On top of her crazy memory issues she is haunted by a funeral she 'remembers' (remember she remembers the future). So she's trying to figure out who it could be. This turns into some crazy'ness and some revelations. And a mystery from her past is revealed. 
 
I couldn't really recommend this book any more highly. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down and I read it in no time at all!

Check out Heidi's review of Revived and Mel's review of 'The Originals' tomorrow.

Disclosure: I purchased this book myself, all opinions expressed are my own and I was not paid or influenced in any way.

Candace is a wife and mother to two. She’s blogged at Candace’s Book Blog since November 2008. She enjoys a variety of genres including anything and everything young adult, some adult urban fantasy, a little bit of adult paranormal romance, some historical fiction and reads lots of childrens books. You can find her on her blog athttp://www.candacesbookblog.com, twitter @candacemom2two and on goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm so happy to see your review! I've had this book since the day it released and it's been glaring at me from the TBR shelf. Definitely adding to my TBR Challenge list. :D

    ReplyDelete

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.