Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Suzanne Selfors Interview



'The Sasquatch Escape', Book 1 in the Imaginary Veterinary Series releases today April 2nd and 'The Lonely Lake Monster' releases in September and we are so excited to share the covers for both books 1 and 2, a bit of info about the book and an interview with author Suzanne Selfors.




When Ben Silverstein is sent to the rundown town of Buttonville to spend the summer with his grandfather, he's certain it will be the most boring vacation ever. That is, until his grandfather's cat brings home what looks like . . . a baby dragon?

Amazed, Ben enlists the help of Pearl Petal, a local girl with an eye for adventure. They take the wounded dragon to the only veterinarian's office in town -- Dr. Woo's Worm Hospital. But as Ben and Pearl discover once they are inside, Dr. Woo's isn't a worm hospital at all -- it's actually a secret hospital for imaginary creatures.

After Ben accidentally leaves the hospital's front door unlocked, a rather large, rather stinky, and very hairy beast escapes into Buttonville. Ben and Pearl are tasked with retrieving the runaway creature, and what started out as an ordinary summer becomes the story of a lifetime.



What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 10 or less words, what would you say?

'The Sasquatch Escape'
Two kids discover a secret hospital for Imaginary Creatures.


Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I've never read an ebook. I spend so much time on my screen that when I read for pleasure, I want to hold a book that doesn't glow.
I don't care if its hardback or paper, unless I'm trying to fit it into a carry-on.

Do you write under a pen name?

I will be using a pen name for the very first time in 2014. I've been hired by Harper Collins to help with a new series. But the project is super secret so I can't reveal anything yet.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?

Of course. That's one of the perks of this job.

Coffee or tea?

ESPRESSO! One shot. Steamed milk. No sugar. Every morning.

What are 4 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?

A little pad of paper and pen. (I'm always jotting down ideas.) Gum. (I like to chew.) Chocolate. (I keep a stash in my purse, pockets, all sorts of places.)

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?

I like to write in coffeehouses. Writing is way too solitary so I like to be surrounded by other people, even if they are all staring at their screens. I also like the white noise. I find it hard to work in silence.

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad - 

Good reviews are good, bad reviews suck. But I can handle an intelligent bad review. It's the mean people who really bug me.

Where is one place in the world that you would really love to visit someday?

I just did. Iceland. I'd been dying to go there. It's a very beautiful, strange land. Don't like the fact that they have whale on their menus, but everything else was cool.

List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?

Read? You think I have time to read? I spend so much time writing fiction, that when I have a few moments to enjoy someone else's words, I most always choose nonfiction. I read Wired Magazine from cover to cover every month. And I have a subscription to this amazing publication called Lapham's Quarterly.

An actor or a book character you have a crush on -

I'm in love with John Stewart. Just learned he's going to be taking a break from the Daily Show. Nooooo!

You can find Suzanne online at her Webpage and Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she sure has a variety of books! These ones sound like ones my daughter would really enjoy.
    They have whale on the menu in Iceland? That's really sad!

    ReplyDelete

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.