Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - PNW Edition




Waiting on Wednesday
is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine
that showcases upcoming releases 
that people are very much anticipating.



Here on Novels, News and Notes we are a Pacific Northwest Blog so we will be sticking with our most anticipated NW releases. Makes sense right?  Plus there are a TON of wonderful upcoming releases that we are excited for.

After reading this author's 'The Pledge' series I have been on a mission to read all her books.  Not only does she have the final book for 'The Pledge' series releasing at the end of December 2013 but this first book in a completely NEW series comes out only 4 months later!  



The Taking (Taking #1) by Kimberly Derting comes out April 29, 2014.



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer meets The Fifth Wave in this blockbuster new series from Kimberly Derting.

A flash of white…and then…nothing. When softball phenom Kyra Agnew wakes up behind the local gas station she has no memory of the night before. She makes her way home only to find that five years have passed...yet she hasn't aged a day.
With the help of her old boyfriend's annoying little brother, Tyler-who is now a handsome teenager-she begins to uncover what happened to her that fateful night five years ago. They discover strange facts and phenomenon no one can explain, and other people who have been "taken," just like Kyra. With a determined, secret government unit after her, Kyra desperately races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had…but what if the life she wants back is not her own?

If the summary above doesn't grab your attention then I bet this sneak peak from chapter 1 of 'The Taking' will have you adding it right away to your To Reads list on Goodreads!

Ready?

'I had this strange sense of déjà vu that clung to me. It was like a wet second skin, all itchy and maddening, making me glance, and glance again, at everything I passed. It all seemed familiar yet not at once. Like I'd been here before but was seeing it all for the very first time.


Considering I'd been born and raised in Burlington, Washington, a town that barely rated a dot on most maps and definitely not worthy of a mention by name, I was chalking it up to the fact that I'd spent the night outside and still had no memory of anything after the fight with my dad.


Why I'd decided to camp out behind a Dumpster was beyond me--I was claiming temporary insanity, because there was no other feasible explanation.


Going home was sure to play out one of two ways, the way I figured it. My dad was either gonna be super sorry about our argument, and the fact that I'd gotten out of the car in the middle of the road and just...disappeared.'



 Click the icon to add The Taking to your reading list.


If you aren't familiar with Kimberly Derting you should definitely check out her other two book series before April!  



'The Body Finder' (Body Finder series) Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers. Add this to your To Reads List.


'The Pledge' (The Pledge trilogy) In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she's spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. Add this to your To Reads List.


Check out Kimberly Derting at her webpage and on twitter!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks I am really excited to read it!

      Delete
  2. I have an ARC of The Taking and can't wait to read it. Great pick :)
    Come see my WoW Post :)

    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I love her Body Finder Series!

    My WoW: http://kleinbrina.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/waiting-on-wednesday-20/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have part of that series but haven't bought all the books yet. Need to get on that so I can do a marathon read :)

      Delete
  4. Great pick. Sounds interesting.

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Taking sounds sooo good! Can't wait for it!
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick it up :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

We love any and all comments except spam! All spam comments will be deleted.